Monday, November 14, 2005

Designing Women - Last Week for CAF's Five Architects Exhibition

























Five Architects, the Chicago Architecture Foundation exhibition showcasing the midwest projects of five women architects including Jeanne Gang, Carol Ross Barney, Julie Snow, Sejima Kazuyo and Zaha Hadid, is in its final week, closing on November 20th. “We don't know if women think differently than men, and we may not know it for a long time," architect Denise Scott Brown has said. In Designing Women, I look at women architects' long battle to make their way in a traditionally boy's-only-club, and considers how their presence is changing the face of architecture. Read about it here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi,...I was wondering if anyone could help me,... I'm a South African, architectural grad student coming to Chicago to study at IIT,.. I need to organise accomodation before I arrive,.. any suggestions or advise would be welcome? my email address is mo@arc.co.za