[Inexplicably, although the print version of Blair's review includes three black-and-white photographs, the web version has only a single shot of the black box theater interior. Apparently, the Trib still hasn't figured out the basic concept that photos draw readers to a website, and once you've gone through the cost of shooting them, posting them is essentially free. The web version of Kamin's review also carries a different address for the building than the one on the school's own website.]
Update: a gallery of striking photographs from Tribune staff photographer Antonio Perez was added this afternoon
At the corner of Fullerton and Racine, the new $73 million, 165,000-square-foot structure provides a new visual gateway to the campus. Along with steel exoskeleton of Antunovich Architects' 2006 Loft-Right dorms, now known as 1237 West, the articulated massing and the facades of white Turkish Limra limestone marks a major break with the university's traditional affection for vaguely Prairie School brick buildings. Cannon Design, Schuler Shook and Kirkegaard Associates contributed to the design. Full list of credits here.